viernes, 4 de febrero de 2011

Jelousy

We were sitting there, day dreaming about god know what.. The professor didn't seem to mind, he carried on with his speach, to enthusiastic to care about anyone.

I watched the boy that was sitting to rows in front, his hair, chesnut and curly, stood out due to his white t-shirt. I stared, lost in thought to feel the constant pinch on my shoulder. Abruptly, Mr.Smith called my name:

-Mrs. Turner?
-Yes?- I answered, trying to focus.
-Could you pleas finish the passage?
-Um..- I hessitated.
-The one from Wuthering Heights....- he nodded toward my open book and I understood, reading with a clear yet shy voice:

'And there you see the distinction between our feelings: had he been in my place and I in his, though I hated him with a hatred that turned my life to gall, I never would have raised a hand against him. You may look incredulous, if you please! I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his.The moment her regard ceased, I would have tone his hands and drank his blood. But till then -if you don't believe me you don't know me- till then,I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head'

He turned around when I was done, flashing a smile that showed me he was cuter than I'd thought. I barely melted if it wasn't  for Bonnie's lifesaving nudge.
Composture, find it; I begged myself. And I did, in a corner of my head. And then I lost it, the cat sitting next to him huged him, and stayed there.

I counted in my head: 1,10,15,25,30. And he pushed her away. And I was grininng my bigest grin.

The bell rang and I danced down the auditorioum stairs, still grinning, with Bonnie, Bru and Shandra at my feet.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario